Scottish Cup 5th Round Review

Kelty & Kilwinning in Action at New Central Park

Glenafton Athletic had been reduced to ten men after just three minutes before going onto beat hosts Dunbar United 3-0. The first goal came from a David Gray free kick after a quarter of an hour had been played. They next struck from a second half Darren McGill spot kick, then Chris Dallas headed in the third from the corner of the six-yard box.

Auchinleck Talbot secured a comfortable 4-0 victory against visiting side Luncarty, after Bryan Young fired his side in front with a first half goal. The second half saw three further goals from Talbot, with a Graham Wilson brace and an own goal adding to their tally.

Gartcairn and Carluke will have to face each other for a fifth time this season after drawing 2-2 at MTC Park. Ryan Donnelly headed Cairn in front after 17 minutes, but it took Rovers just 13 minutes more to pull level when Ian Watt curled in a shot from the 18-yard line. Weir then fired Carluke in front with a stunning 30-yard strike, before Gartcairn levelled the match when Jordan Love struck from the penalty spot to ensure his side another chance.

Kilwinning produced possibly the result of the round by inflicting Kelty Heart’s first defeat of the season, when the side bottom of the West Super Premier Division won 2-1 at New Central Park. McGuinness fired Buffs in front when he headed in the opener from a long throw in, Lewis added a second early into the second half when the Kelty defence made an uncharacteristic blunder. Both sides went down to ten men before Kelty defender Sean O’Neill pulled one back, but couldn’t add a second from a their late fight back.

The match at Lochburn Park between Maryhill and Linlithgow Rose was postponed.

Super Premier Division leaders Rob Roy booked their place in the Scottish Cup quarter finals after edging out Penicuik in a 4-3 thriller. The home side went in front twice with Rob Roy pulling level on each occasion. McMenamin put the Rab’s in front for the first time early in the second half, then Cuikie went down to ten men before Ryan Gay fired them level. But Rob Roy struck back immediately when Scott Walker shot low into the home goal, ensuring that the Rab’s fans went home the happier set of supporters.

Bonnyrigg Rose ensured their place in the quarter final draw thanks to 2-0 win against Petershill. Rose went ahead on 18 minutes when Adam Nelson struck from a 25 yard free kick straight into the back of the net. The second came three minutes into injury time when keeper Michael Andrews launched the ball up field, Keiran McGachie laid the ball off for Ross Archibald who then struck home.

Sauchie battled to a 4-2 victory against Renfrew at New Western Park, after going two goals in front early on thanks to Fleming and Cummings. Renfrew managed to pull one back just ahead of half time to improve their chances, but Morrison then scored to regain Sauchie’s two goal advantage. Frew managed to cut the deficit back down to one from the penalty spot, but Morrison again established a two goal lead when he struck fifteen minutes from time.

Photos Courtesy of Kayem Photography

Leave a Reply

What’s new?

Thank you to those who keep the site open by providing content and footage. The site is after all for the benefit of junior football, especially the fans, so please help out and contribute. All input is vital and greatly appreciated.

Without input there is no site and we are always looking for new people to assist in any way possible so get in touch at

If you want to advertise your site get in touch or if you want to sponsor our site please contact us.

For latest tweets from clubs click on menus below the pictures.

The latest from Twitter

Join 10197 others and follow us